How do you write SEO-friendly content for small business?
The #1 Tip: Write copy with your customers in mind because they are the ones searching for answers.
The more you can connect with them on an emotional level or solve their problem the more likely they will engaine with your brand.
Furthermore, step outside your company speak and put your customer first. It’s not about how great your are it’s how you can help them.
What should go on my homepage?
The homepage is the most visited page on your website, therefore the most important.
Immediately describe how customers can benefit from your business, services or products.
If visitors can’t quickly figure out what’s in it for them, they’ll move on to another search.
Hence, within seconds they need to know what your business is all about.
Focus on what set you apart from other businesses – value added benefits.
Effective blogging tips to drive more visitors
- Posts should be at least 300 words or more. Based on Google Analytics it’s 1,500 per post.
- Frequency – add fresh content as much as you can.
- Share the posts to all the social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Google Business Listing.
- Also create short video content on YouTube to be shared to Facebook, Twitter and the website.
- Share Your Story posts on Instagram or Live posts on FB.
How do I create a content strategy?
- Plan yearly calendar
- Choose topics
- Keyword research around the topics
- Decide on your Voice/Tone/Brand
- Written for your intended audience
- Know your audience – pain points, emotions, desires, and demographics
- Try to make authentic connects with your audience.
- Writing needs to be natural and easy to read.
- Decide on the frequency – once per week, once per month.
- Create original content
What should each blog post include for SEO reasons?
- Titles have Keywords
- Key phrases or Keywords in first sentence
- Keywords mentioned 1 or 2 more times in article (1% to 3% density)
- Add internal links to services, other blogs or pages.
- Try to add at least one outbound link to every article.
- Call to Action in the article aka Online Consultation or Request Apportionment.
Blog Idea Tools & Links:
Online Keyword Tools I use:
Google Keyword Planner in AdWords: https://ads.google.com/aw/keywordplanner
Moz Keyword Explorer: https://moz.com/explorer
SEMRush Keyword Magic Tool: https://www.semrush.com/analytics/seomagic/lists
In conclusion, write for your customer, make it original content that is easy to read and includes your keywords.
More SEO Advice